In our work to spotlight and support local heroes in education, we reach out to our connections across Los Angeles for leads on potential candidates. We search for educators, students, and others involved in schools that share the following characteristics.
A Lumenary is an individual or group that:
- works at a school or supports an educational institution;
- makes a positive impact on students or community members in an underserved area (often doing so through work beyond her/his current job);
- demonstrates an understanding of the community’s needs with a project that can inspire others.
A SparQ is a student or student group that:
- takes on a project to help to solve a problem impacting their peers or a community in need;
- focuses on themes such as poverty, homelessness, food insecurity, racial inequality, social justice, and others that we value as an organization;
- demonstrates a strong passion for the project and a desire to make a positive impact.
These pioneers are already doing meaningful work. The mission at LumenSparQ is to help them reach higher ground and share their story with the world.
If you live in Los Angeles and have someone in mind who embodies the role of a Lumenary or SparQ as described above, please reach out to us through the contact form, giving a brief description of the hero(es) and the work they do.
Our team evaluates all candidates and strives to connect with as many as possible. We are grateful for your thoughtful consideration of potential candidates.